Spring is finally here! You’ve opened your windows, started to touch up your garden and lawn and are ready for the outdoors. If you live in Wappingers Falls, you may be wondering what there is to do on a beautiful day. Here is a list of things to do in Wappingers Falls that will get you out of the house and exploring:
- Wappinger Creek: Get out your kayak or canoe and head out on the Wappingers Creek. The creek is 41.7 miles long and is stocked yearly with rainbow and brown trout. It’s a great spot for a day out on the water.
- Bowdoin Park: The park features great views of the Hudson, hiking trails, playground and both indoor and outdoor rental units. You can have a party at the park or take a hike and eat lunch at one of the many available picnic tables. The park also offers soccer and softball fields where you can have a family game or bring the kids for a great day out.
- Village of Wappinger: Take a walking tour through your very own neighborhood. Stop at Mesier Park where you will learn about the 1741 settling of the Brewer family and how the Homestead later became the Mesier Homestead. After the park, stop in the Grinnell Library, which dates back to the 1800s and features amazing architecture and the title of #4 most haunted Hudson Valley location. Stop in, take a seat and admire the breathtaking architecture and artwork inside St. Mary’s Church. As you continue through the village you will find many amazing new restaurants to try. The Blackboard Café, Eddie’s Pizza, County Fare, Café Maya, West Main Kitchen and Bar, di’Vine Wine Bar, and The Ground Hog, just to name a few. Don’t forget the most important part….stop and see the Falls.
- Hudson Valley Renegades: A night out watching a junior league baseball game is an enjoyable time for the entire family. The between inning games are so much fun. Check their schedule for Friday night fireworks, giveaways and contests.
- Join a local CSA or stop by a farm: Both Obercreek Farms and Meadowbrook Farms in Wappingers Falls are great spots to pick your own produce. Stop by their markets and meet the farmers.
- Stony Kill Farm Environmental Education Center: Plan to visit during their Spring Celebration or annual Butterfly Festival for an amazing day out. You can go on an open barn tour, meet the animals or hike on the trails.
- Looking for a spiritual outing? Walk the grounds of some of Wappingers Falls most beautiful sacred spaces. The Kagyu Thubten Choling Monastery offers gorgeous scenery, meditation and other practices. The Mount Alvernia Retreat Center boasts amazing views and gardens. You can attend a service, visit the library or shop at the gift shop. You will feel a sense of peace as soon as you enter the grounds of the Hindu and Jain Temple.
What’s your favorite thing to do when the weather gets warm?